Basically means, Getting others involved into leader’s decision making.
– Participative : Opening up channels of communication.
Offers two kinds of benefits:
– Informative benefit (The head)
– Motivation benefit (The heart)
Inclusiveness doesn’t need to be everyone – but it’s always advised to have a subset of everyone.
- Managers overestimate their ability to make high-quality decisions, without the input of others
- To ask for assistance feels like a sign of weakness
- Inclusiveness leads to more information, more information leads to better decision making
- We all see the world bit differently
- Everyone has a unique constellation of experience, expertise & perspective
- Motivational benefits
- Knowledge benefits
Having said this, the quality of a decision is limited to your ability to implement it, so taking ownership is paramount.
Thank you, Please don’t forget to follow us on social media for regular updates.
Be Resourceful, Be Updated.