Basically means, Getting others involved into leader’s decision making.
– Participative : Opening up channels of communication.
Offers two kinds of benefits:
– Informative benefit (The head)
– Motivation benefit (The heart)
Inclusiveness doesn’t need to be everyone – but it’s always advised to have a subset of everyone.
- Managers overestimate their ability to make high-quality decisions, without the input of others
- To ask for assistance feels like a sign of weakness
- Inclusiveness leads to more information, more information leads to better decision making
- We all see the world bit differently
- Everyone has a unique constellation of experience, expertise & perspective
- Motivational benefits
- Knowledge benefits
Having said this, the quality of a decision is limited to your ability to implement it, so taking ownership is paramount.
Thank you, Please don’t forget to follow us on social media for regular updates.