Leadership is about influencing others.
TYPES OF LEADERSHIP :
Now, we have a more connected world and distance between countries seems diminishing. Different industry requires a different style of leadership.
For example: In MNC’s country heads are connected with global leadership virtually. When we consider the leadership team of a factory, responsible for the smooth and timely functioning of the premises leadership team is more connected in-person to the subordinates. Considering the type of connection leadership can be classified into two:
- Virtual Leadership: Generally means the involvement of digital means in connecting with the subordinates. Its generally advised that virtual leadership should also start with in-person leadership for some time. It allows for a good understanding and connect.
- In-person Leadership: This is a traditional leadership style. It means a in-person contact between a leader and his subordinates.
CHALLENGES OF EVERYDAY LEADERSHIP
- Fast business environment
- Technology – Leads to global connectivity, suppliers, customers & workers could be anywhere – Speed in connectivity
- Success comes from agility (quick response to threats, opportunities)
- Agility is a social process
MANAGER V/S LEADERS
|– Rely on authority for mentation
|– Persuation for implementation
TASK OF LEADERS:
- MAKE DECISIONS – Take advantage of opportunities, Mitigate threats
- IMPLEMENT DECISIONS – Set the direction (Target)
Thanks, we hope you liked reading our short scribes.
Don’t forget to follow us on social media to stay connected and get updates: